GCAA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Georgia Construction Aggregate Association established the GCAA Foundation, Inc. in the spring of 2008 as a means to provide children of industry professionals with scholarship awards entering their freshmen year of college. The Foundation is an entirely separate entity from the Association and is set up as a tax exempt 501(c)(3) in which all donations made to the Foundation are tax deductible. Scholarships are primarily funded through donations and money raised at the annual GCAA Fall Golf Outing. The Foundation is run by its Board of Directors.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship applicants is simple.
- The scholarships are limited to dependents of employees working for a GCAA member. The employee must have a minimum of one year service with the company.
- Students who are currently enrolled (or will be enrolled) in a two-year, four year or technical college program. They must not have previously been awarded a GCAA Foundation scholarship.
- Scholarships are paid directly to the school upon proof of enrollment. If award is sent to designated school and awardee does not attend school, the school will be contacted and request made to return funds.
- The Sonya Machemehl Award is available to a female student seeking an engineering or science degree. This is a $2000 award with Vulcan matching the donation made by Charles Machemehl.
- Eligibility is based on scholastic achievement with an emphasis on community involvement demonstrated in an essay not to exceed 500 words. An emphasis may be placed on students that are pursuing engineering or science degree.
- An application form is distributed to all member companies. Scholarship application include the following items:
- GCAA Application
- High School Transcripts
- Essay on aspiration goals
- Outline of community and school activities
- A minimum GPA is not required but may be considered in final selections.
- The GCAA Foundation Board members will determine the final awards.
Click below to download the documents for the – (Scholarship Applications will be available in December 2019)
– 2020 Scholarship Cover Letter and Application
– HR Promotional Package
Click on the link below for a list of 2019 scholarship winners:
To make a scholarship donation, please complete and return the form below.